To complete the MD program, after five semesters of Basic Science, students are required to complete 5 semesters (80 weeks) of clinical rotations.
Tuition for Clinical Sciences is as stated above for the full 80-week program. Tuition will be billed to the student and must be paid within the due dates specified on the tuition bill. Clinical Sciences tuition cannot be prorated and, once begun, cannot be refunded. Cancellation policy is applied as described in the Clinical Rotations Cancellation Policy below.
Students are required to pre-pay 16 weeks of Clinical rotations while they are in MD5 and then another 16 weeks in the next semester billing cycle (CS1 and CS2).
A service charge of $3,000 is added to students who have been billed for the Clinical Science tuition and have not completed the program. This will be applicable for all withdrawals, transfers, or dismissals after the respective dates which are as follows:
- Spring billing cycle December 15th
- Summer billing cycle April 15th
- Fall billing cycle August 15th
For the students who withdraw, transfer or are dismissed before completion of the entire program, these charges will be deducted from the amount of their refund as indicated above, regardless of whether or not they passed the exam, and regardless of whether or not they took any rotations. If the student has insufficient tuition credit/deposit on his/her account to cover the applicable fees, no transcript/withdrawal or other requests will be processed until the balance is cleared.
In the event of withdraw, transfer or are dismissed from SJSM prior to the completion the MD program, a refund for the unused portion of the tuition will be issued. The refund will be calculated by subtracting the following from the amount of money paid towards tuition or rotations:
- Number of rotation weeks completed, multiplied by tuition amount that is considered for the refund, divided by 16, and;
- Fees and other charges. Please note that the following fees are non-refundable:
- Administrative Surcharge fees
- Application fee
- Counselling fees (Applicable only in CS1 billing)
- Reservation fee
- For example, If a student withdraws while they are in MD5, and has paid a deposit of CS1, based on the above, the student will get a refund of amount which shall be Total Clinical Invoiced Amount less Counselling Fees ($5,000) less Administrative Surcharge ($3,000)